- Warning: Spoilers ahead for Golden Globe best picture “Nomadland.”
- The tiny desert town of Quartzsite, Arizona, is one of the main locations featured in “Nomadland.”
- Quartzsite is a real-life RVers’ stomping ground that attracts 2 million visitors each year.
- Director Chloe Zhao called Quartzsite “one of the wildest towns” she’s been to.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Chloe Zhao’s “Nomadland” has swept this year’s awards season, taking home both the Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice awards for best picture and best director.
Based on a 2017 book by Jessica Bruder, the film follows the journey of Fern, a 61-year-old woman who turns to van life after…